How To Keep Your Home Safe From Carbon Monoxide

One of the worst nightmares we have as San Antonio homeowners is waking up to a fire in our homes. There’s a chance you might smell the smoke in time to put out the fire or escape the home, or you can count on your dependable smoke detectors to alert you. However, carbon monoxide could invade our homes, and no one would notice.

Champion Home Services has the solution to keeping your home safe. As the top San Antonio carbon monoxide detector installation team, we implement a comprehensive detector system to keep every room in your home protected from this highly dangerous gas.

What Is Carbon Monoxide?

Carbon monoxide is a gas that is produced during the process of burning fossil fuels. When exposed to carbon monoxide, the oxygen in our bodies is displaced by the gas, causing illness and even death. The most common reason CO2 enters the home is from gas burning appliances. If your home uses any gas appliances, you are especially at risk for CO2 poisoning and leaks. 

Why Is Carbon Monoxide So Dangerous?

Carbon monoxide is an especially dangerous gas to come into contact with for several reasons. If you or your family members are not aware of the dangers CO2 poses, you might find yourself the victim of CO2 poisoning.

  • Appearance — CO2 is odorless and colorless, making it impossible to recognize with our bare senses. Even when we know to be cautious of this gas, we can’t detect it on our own. This makes CO2 leaks particularly dangerous to our health.
  • Symptoms — When we are affected by CO2, the carbon monoxide poisoning symptoms can easily be mistaken for cold or flu symptoms. If you’re not careful, you may assume the symptoms will pass with the virus and put yourself in danger of prolonged CO2 poisoning. 

What Are Symptoms Of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning?

The signs of carbon monoxide poisoning are common symptoms of other afflictions. They are particularly difficult to identify when those afflicted are intoxicated or sleeping because the symptoms are assigned to their inebriation or aren’t recognized. Some of the signs of CO2 poisoning are:

  • Dizziness 
  • Weakness
  • Headache
  • Confusion
  • Blurred vision
  • Loss of consciousness
  • Nausea and vomiting
  • Shortness of breath

If you or any of your family members begin experiencing these symptoms, you need to seek medical attention immediately. Prolonged carbon monoxide exposure can lead to death.

Carbon Monoxide Detector Installation Services

Champion Home Services knows just how dangerous CO2 can be. That’s why we want to provide the perfect solution: detectors or alarms. By having a professional team install the appropriate number of CO2 detectors in your home, you can rest easy knowing you will be alerted when you are in danger. 

You don’t have to worry about where the best placement is in your home with our team to guide your way. If you invest in hardwired detectors, you’ll need electrical expertise to accurately attach them to the rest of your electrical system.

Count on Champion Home Services to keep you informed and shielded from the dangers threatening your home. Give us a call today to make your carbon monoxide or smoke detector installation appointment!