Season of Giving
Contest Official Rules
Season of Giving Contest
It’s the season of giving and we want to know what’s important to you. Tell us about a local non-profit that is doing impactful work in our city, encourage friends and family to vote, and we’ll donate $1,000 to the organization with the most votes!
- Nominate: Now through December 10th, comment or tag the official Facebook page of a San Antonio non-profit organization that you think is making a difference in our community.
- Vote: On December 11th, the Non-Profit Orgs. with the most nominations will be added to the Season of Giving Contest photo album on our Facebook Page. Vote for an Org. by liking their photo in the album.
- Share: Share this post and encourage your friends and family to vote for your Org. until 12pm on December 17th.
- Give: The Org. with the most votes wins! Champion AC will donate $1,000 to the winning organization!
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. CHANCE OF WINNING DEPENDS ON TOTAL NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE VOTES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
- The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sponsor: Champion AC 16018 University Oak, Suite 101 San Antonio, TX 78249 TABCLB19872E
- Timing: The Contest has two portions: “Nominating” and “Voting.” Tuesday, December 4, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. cst – Monday, December 10, 2019 at 12:00 p.m. cst. The non-profit organizations with the most nominations will move on to the voting round as determined by the sponsor. The Voting portion begins Tuesday, December 11, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. cst and ends on Monday, December 17, 2019 at 12pm. cst. Sponsor’s computer system is the official time-keeping device for this Contest. The Winner will be announced Monday, December 17th by 5pm cst.
- How to Enter: During the Contest Period, a representative of the Entrant must nominate and vote on the Champion AC Facebook page
- The Contest: In the “nominating” portion of the contest, nominations will be accepted on the official contest Facebook post
- To nominate, comment the name or tag the Facebook account of the local San Antonio non-profit organization. Any nominations not posted on the designated Facebook post as deemed by the sponsor will not be counted as an official nomination. Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
- After designated “nominating” time has passed, the organizations with the most amount of nominations as determined by the sponsor will move on to the voting round.
- Voting: Voting will take place on the Champion AC Facebook Page. There will be a photo album entitled, “Season of Giving” with each non-profit organization’s logo. Vote by “reacting” or “linking” the picture in the photo album representing the non-profit you would like to vote for. 1 “Reaction” = 1 Vote. Winning: After the Contest Period has ended, Sponsor will tally the total number of Votes (Facebook Reactions/Likes) received by each image. The non-profit organization with the most votes will be deemed the winner of the prize.
- The organization nominated must be an organization serving an appropriate philanthropic cause, as determined at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, and the organization must be a legal entity, be a registered 501(C)(3) Non-Profit, and able to provide a W-9 upon request.
- Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected nominations. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
- All potential WINNERS are subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. An entrant is not a winner of any prize, even if the VOTE SHOULD so indicate, unless and until entrant’s eligibility has been verified by the Sponsor. Sponsor will not accept screenshots or other evidence of winning in lieu of its validation process. Any ENTRY OR VOTE that occurs after the system has failed for any reason is deemed a defective ENTRY OR VOTE, is void and will not be honored.
- Verification of Potential Winners: Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. The potential Contest winners will be notified by mail, email or phone at Sponsor’s sole election. A representative of each potential winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release which must be received by Sponsor, within seven (7) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release or provide any other requested information within the required time period (if applicable), or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by determining the next highest vote-getter of all remaining eligible Entries. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Contest.
- Prize: $1,000 to the winning San Antonio Non-Profit Organization. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winners are responsible for all state and federal income taxes and all other fees and surcharges of whatever kind applicable to his or her prize receipt and/or use. In the event of a tie in number of Votes, Sponsor will determine the potential winner by use of a random number generator.
- Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/Contest agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of Entrant’s name, logo, and general information for Contestal purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration. Further, Entrant represents it has received authorization from the Cause to use its logo for marketing/advertisement purposes, and hereby gives Sponsor the same such authority.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random or by then-highest-vote from among the eligible Entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other Contest or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of Entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant’s sole remedy is another Contest Entry, if possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas or the appropriate Texas State Court located in Travis County, Texas; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.