Why Use RGF’s Photohydroionization Technology?
Germicidal UV light rays have been used for decades by the medical industry as a method for destroying micro-organisms (germs, viruses, bacteria). UV lights can be easily installed in HVAC ducts or a plenum, and they are effective on stationary surfaces within direct line of site from the UV lamp.
However, germicidal UV light is not effective in reducing airborne micro-organisms in the moving airstream, as typical UV lights do not provide enough UV energy to inactivate the airborne microbes within the available contact time. Germicidal UV lights also have little to no effect on gases, vapors or odors. Photohydroionization Advanced Oxidation, on the other hand, is very effective on gases, vapors, VOCs and odors, as well as the airborne microbes found traveling throughout the HVAC system.
RGF's PHITM & REMETM Technology
Samples of university & independent lab tests and major corporation studies
- Now tested on H1N1 Swine Flu with 99+% Kill on surfaces
- 4-log reduction (99.99%) surface bacteria/virus reduction
- Over 80% VOC reduction
- 98% of microbes in human sneeze killed at 3 feet
- 97% airborne bacterial reduction
- 99% reductions of Ecoli, Listeria, Strep and Bird Flu
- 85% odor reduction
- 97% airborne mold reduction
- US Military approved for mold protection in field hospitals
- Hospital approvals Infectious Diseases - U.S. and International 99% reduction of Staph (MRSA)
- Major US city school reports 20% reduction in absenteeism
- Tested and approved by the Chinese Government for protection against the SARS virus
- Approved by the USDA, FSIS and FDA for use in food processing plants
- Fox News three-part indoor air series featured RGF and concluded substantial mold and bacteria reductions
- RGF's technology has been featured on Fox, ABC, CBS and in Popular Science Magazine