The weather will soon be warming up. Before it gets too hot outside, it’s time to get some renovation done on your older home – specifically an updated air conditioning system. Window units can be eyesores, taking away from your home’s attractive architecture. But the installation of a central system can get pretty pricey. Luckily, you have another option. Go ductless!
When William Carrier revolutionized home comfort, his humidity-controlling creations came at a price that not everyone could afford. It wouldn’t be until 1947 that low-cost window units would be mass produced and started popping up in homes and high-rises all over the country. If you have a home built before the early 1970s, your home may not even be designed for central air. So all of those awesome old homes in most cities’ historic districts could be relying on those dripping, jutting window units.
Opting for ductless air conditioning can provide your home with customized comfort without taking away from its original beauty. No clunky box or costly construction is necessary to keep your home comfortable year round. Ductless mini-split systems still have an outdoor condenser, like central systems, and require only a 3-inch hole to connect to the air handler inside. A few more perks of going ductless are:
- More than one air handler can be connected to the condenser outside. This means no more fights over the thermostat. Each room with an air handler can have a customized temperature and a comfortable occupant.
- They are much easier to install than central HVAC systems. (Especially if your home isn’t equipped with ducts already)
- The indoor air handlers come in sleek and inconspicuous designs and can even be matched to your interior decoration. You can put them on the ceiling, walls or in line with molding.
- You can place your handler high out of eyesight and still control it with ease with its remote control.
- Use that same remote to program your air handler’s temperature for the entire week. Adjusting the temperature for times when you won’t be home will save you money on your energy bill.
- No more wasted air through leaky ducts or by conditioning unoccupied rooms and spaces.
When it comes to home renovation, ductless mini-split systems reign as the most practical option for an AC upgrade. They easily blend comfort and efficiency with their prices far below installing a central unit and their efficiency high above the energy-sucking window units. For a fast and stress-free air conditioning upgrade, consider your ductless options. Major brands like Daikin, Mitsubishi Electric and Goodman offer models with unique features, like hot and cold spot eliminating technology, for even more control over your home comfort. Isn’t it time you put those window units out to pasture? You can save money, time and fights between the hot and cold blooded by simply going ductless.
For more information about ductless air conditioners in San Antonio, call us at Champion AC today!
Ben is a retired Combat Controller with the United States Air Force. He started Champion AC in 2007. Ben is originally from the Mississippi Gulf Coast. He is happily married and an avid fan of the San Antonio Spurs and New Orleans Saints.