No matter where you live, there is a good chance that most of the year you are relying on either your furnace to stay warm or air conditioner to stay cold. Sure, there are months when you don’t need either one, but these occasions are few and far between.
If you have an energy efficient HVAC system, you should be excited about how much you are saving on your energy bills. Unfortunately, this doesn’t do you nearly as much good if the windows in your home are old and inefficient.
In other words, everything you gain with an efficient HVAC system you are losing with inefficient windows.
The solution is simple: upgrade your windows as soon as possible.
While this may not sound like a big deal, consider this: new windows can help you save thousands of dollars in energy costs. So even though you are paying a lot of money upfront for new windows, you are going to make it back, plus some, over the long haul.
How can new windows save me so much money? There are many answers to this question:
- Keep the cool air in during the summer and the warm air in during the winter. In turn, your HVAC system doesn’t have to working nearly as hard (this can also prolong its life).
- Along the same lines as the point above, new windows will keep the warm air out during the summer and the cool air out during the winter.
- Double pane windows are extremely efficient. If you are shopping for new windows, only consider those that are double pane. You may pay more, but it is well worth the cost.
Note: there are several grades of efficiency as far as double pane windows are concerned. You may not have the money to buy the “top of the line” windows, but you should opt for the most efficient ones you can comfortably afford.
Now that you know how much money you can save by upgrading your windows, follow these steps:
- Contact a reputable window installation company
- Discuss your many options, including the energy efficiency of each
- Decide which windows are best, based on the efficiency, cost, and style
- Get ready to save money
What are you waiting on? Your HVAC system is already energy efficient. All you need now is windows to match, and your home will be in good shape for years to come.
What Can You Do To Save Energy? [A Homeowner’s Guide]July 11, 2022
If your recent energy bill was ridiculously high and you are seeking help on how…
Why Should I Update My Electrical Panel?September 4, 2019
The electrical panel is the backbone of your home’s electrical system. Most people probably don’t…