One of the biggest problems with your home’s comfort often goes unseen. That’s because it’s hidden somewhere you typically avoid – the attic.
About 20% of the cooled or heated air in your home is lost due to issues with your air ducts. A leaky duct system can be a major drain on your checking account. It’s a major waste of energy, which is why many utilities – including CPS Energy – offer incentives for you to get your ducts in a row.
Champion AC is a CPS Energy-registered contractor. That means you can contact us to perform air duct testing or air duct replacement and potentially become eligible for rebates from CPS Energy.
Becoming Eligible for Rebates
To be eligible for a CPS Energy air duct rebate, the following has to happen:
- Testing before air duct repairs or replacement must show leakage levels of 25% or more
- Testing after air duct repairs or replacement must show leakage levels of 6% or less
- All testing must be performed by CPS Energy-approved contractors, including Champion AC
CPS Energy offers different levels of air duct rebates:
- Duct Testing: CPS Energy will cover half the cost (up to $250 per system). This rebate only happens if you get repairs made via a registered contractor like Champion AC.
- Duct Repair/Replacement (Flow Hood Test Method): If you get a minimum of 50% of your duct work replaced, you can receive up to $2,500 in rebates per system.
If you have any questions about air duct repairs or air duct replacement, don’t hesitate to call Champion AC! Fall is the perfect time to get serious about making improvements to your home’s air conditioning and heating system.
25C Tax Credit Program Reinstated for HomeownersJanuary 15, 2013
Did you make an energy-efficient home improvement in 2012? That means you may be eligible…
Time Is Running Out: Federal Tax Credits Expire Dec. 31December 13, 2011
It seems hard to believe, but December 31st is just a few weeks away. Did…