The air ducts in your home work directly with your heating and cooling systems, delivering the cool or heated air to the rooms in your house. So keeping up with them and their maintenance should be a priority. But do you know what to look out for with air duct repair and maintenance? Here are some common reasons why air ducts need repair and replacing.
Reasons you’ll need air duct repair:
- Odd noises: If you start hearing strange noises coming from your ducts, it’s time to call a professional to look at them. Noises like shaking or rattling can be linked to loose or dirty ducts, so don’t ignore those signs.
- Dents or damage to your vents: Putting weight onto your air ducts or hanging objects from them may cause problems over time. Dents and punctures to your vents should be looked at my professional before problems occur.
Reasons you’ll need air duct replacement:
- Air ducts are 15 (or more) years old: If you live in an older home and it’s been 10-15 years since the air ducts have been replaced, it’s probably time for an air duct replacement. Doing this will prevent damage that is likely to occur once your ducts reach that age.
- The air quality in your home is bad: Dirt, debris and pollen can all easily bypass your air filters if your air ducts aren’t working properly. All of these stubborn particles can end up causing damage to both your health and your HVAC system.
- Increase in utility bills: Once you start to notice that your utility bills are higher than normal, that’s a pretty clear indication that something in your home is not as energy efficient as it should be. Your air ducts may have leaks in them that are causing a loss of air, and the need for your units to work harder. Get it looked at before your bills start to break the bank.
Whether you think your air ducts need a repair or a full replacement, Champion AC is here to help. We offer free air performance inspections to get to help you with what you need – give us a call today to schedule your inspection!
Do’s and Don’ts of Installing A New HVAC SystemMay 31, 2023
Installing a new HVAC system is a big investment and requires careful consideration. Whether you’re…
Should I Repair Or Replace My HVAC Unit?May 22, 2023
Are you experiencing AC trouble? Maybe you’re system has fully shut down or it’s making…